Here are a few of my new favorite things:
1. Parducci Petit Syrah 2001. Yes, more wine! Someone brought this to a party I had in January. I don’t know who it was; I wish I did so I could thank them. I opened the bottle on Monday just for myself. Boy was this yummy!
2. Letters of Affirmation. My college girlfriend’s daughter (got that?) is in confirmation class. Each of their family members sent them off to a retreat with Letters of Affirmation. Letters that talked about their strengths, how much they were loved, etc. Isn’t that awesome? I think everyone deserves these! Maybe next year I’ll skip the Christmas cards and send everyone I care about letters of affirmation for Valentine’s Day. Now that’s love!
3. My new Genna di Rossi pink handbag, high-waisted wide leg jeans, and a new diaphanous bubble shirt — NOT to be worn together. That’s too much — even for me!
4. Getting change back from the cashier with all the presidents’ heads facing the same way. I really appreciate this. Don’t they teach kids anything these days? Back in my day, when I worked retail, we always had to keep our cash drawer neat and in order. Yes, I’m one of those who keep all their bills in descending order in their wallet and all the heads facing up. Doesn’t everyone?
5. Golden Delicious Apples. Okay, you may think I’m stretching here, but I’m not kidding. I’m up to one a day.
6. Livingston Taylor, John Pizarelli, The Fools, English Beat and the Tupelo Music Hall in Derry NH. Check them out.