1. Steak Carpaccio — After years of wanting to try this dish, I finally did, with friends in Plymouth MA of all places!
2. The DC Metro System— As easy to navigate as Boston’s T, but much cleaner! And I actually understand and can use their farecard system without assistance!
3. The Willard Hotel in DC — Where I am right now. And the biggest room I’ve ever had in a metropolitan hotel — or any hotel for that matter!
4. Selling the condo – finally!
5. Good old-fashioned manners.
6. The Olive Tapenade at Todd English’s restaurant “Olives” at 1600 K St NW in DC. I know he seems affected. I didn’t like him either until I ate at this DC joint a few years ago. I was excited to visit again during a recent business trip.
7. Older Gentlemen in Seersucker Suits & Bow Ties— with fond memories of Beatson Wallace, a Boston Globe columnist who always had a smile and a kind word for me. His wife used to make his bow ties out of scrap fabric after making her own aprons.
8. Rodeos — only if you’re there in person.